Lost Password?   -   Register

Help: Windows Live Movie Maker Error 0x87160129
06-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Help: Windows Live Movie Maker Error 0x87160129
Hi I'm having a problem with saving my newest countdown list in Windows Live Movie Maker and I was wondering if any of you guys are able to help.

Here's the problem, when I try to convert the footage to a WMV it get's to 83%, but then it stops and Error 0x87160129 pops up. When this happens, one of the clips turns into a grey bar with yellow triangles. I delete that particular clip and then the rest of the clips turn into grey bars with yellow triangles of doom.

It may sound like the clips are the problem, but when I play the video in WLMM it plays fine with no problems. I've tried a number of things such as deleting the intro clip (which was the clip I was referring to earlier) and putting it back in, and trying to save the video with WLMM being the only open program. I do hope that you guys can help because I've planned this list for ages and I've spent most of my week working on it, and I don't want to start from scratch. Sad

[Image: blassreiter_o_195021.webp]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2012, 06:51 AM
RE: Help: Windows Live Movie Maker Error 0x87160129
I tried to do one once, but I couldn't do it because of that. I don't know what to say, but you can try Avid Free DV. From what I've heard, its a good editing software that's actually free.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=49]
http://www.facebook.com/
Well, I jumped on the band wagon, so, yaaaaayyyy.
06-30-2012, 08:53 AM
(06-30-2012 06:51 AM)Earthworm Weegee Wrote:  I tried to do one once, but I couldn't do it because of that. I don't know what to say, but you can try Avid Free DV. From what I've heard, its a good editing software that's actually free.

I've tried looking it up and it says that it doesn't exist. Also, the list is finished but due to this stupid problem I don't want to start all over again.

06-30-2012, 07:18 PM
I've had this same problem multiple times. That's why I started doing my countdowns on Vegas. Have you tried exiting out and opening it back up to the last save point?

[Image: ?ub=207]
[Image: tumblr_mloo2hm2vy1qhjbxeo6_250.gif]

HUG ME!
07-01-2012, 07:57 AM
(06-30-2012 07:18 PM)The Insane Pigmask Wrote:  I've had this same problem multiple times. That's why I started doing my countdowns on Vegas. Have you tried exiting out and opening it back up to the last save point?

I also tried that, but it didn't work. I was talking to a friend on Facebook about this and he suggested to download this K-Lite Codec pack because the version of WLMM might not have the most recent codecs and due to that, it might be the reason why I can't save the video as a WMV.